Thanks for the helpful comments on my last post! They really helped me continue to put things in perspective and take it a little easier on myself. In full support of my mental health and well-being, I’m going to enjoy the month of August (OMG, it’s August!) to its fullest. Here’s some of the agenda thus far:
- Bachelorette party in Philly for an awesome college buddy
- Visit to the fam in my hometown (including a ten-year high school reunion…efff, I’m old)
- Try some new NYC restaurants
- Finish the Twilight series (don’t knock it…), Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series and some non-fiction nutrition/food/running books in the queue
- Outline a plan of attack for school/internship
- Visit the new Manhattan Target
- Redecorate my apartment (?)
- Running, running and more glorious running
- Fab wedding getaway at a posh seaside resort
Oh! This list excites me.
It also excites me that it will be in the 60’s for my long run of 15-16 miles tomorrow morning. Hooray! Yesterday’s ~7 miler was a bit on the sweaty side, but I managed some good fartleks by picking off people on the CP roads to pass. It was rather fun, actually. This morning I cross trained at the gym – 40 minutes on the spin bike, 20 minutes on the elliptical with some lifting.
Backing up to Wednesday, and a very bittersweet evening. A goodbye get together for Darby, one of my best good friends, who has just moved to L.A. Sad face. 😦
We convened at Tarallucci E Vino near Union Square, which is a lovely little spot with a great, somewhat intimate atmosphere. They have a few large communal tables, which were perfect for our large party.
We enjoyed a bunch of delicious apps while trying not think of how much Darby will be missed. 🙂
Prosciutto di Parma, Duck Two Ways, Aged and Smoked
Jamon Serrano and Chorizo
Fulvi Pecorino Romano Dop (Lazio) – Pear Mustard, Burrata with Truffle Oil (Puglia), can’t remember the third cheese…
I particularly liked the Burrata with Truffle Oil and Prosciutto di Parma. I wasn’t super hungry, since I “snacked” on a large portion of the leftover quinoa dish I made a few days ago while still at work.
I’ve been eating quinoa all week – pretty soon it’s going to be coming out my ears!
It’s looking to be a beautiful weekend – happy Friday!
Question: How will you take advantage of the rest of your summer?