Hope everyone likes the new blog design! It’s a little bit more me, I must say.
I am loving the long weekend – this is the second-to-last weekend I have free before classes start up again, so I’m making sure to take advantage by reading non-school books (Water for Elephants and The Corrections, most recently. Loved both), relaxing, taking care of stuff around the apartment and putting the finishing touches on my dietetic internship application.
It has been grand.
This morning I ran an easy 5.5 miles in Central Park and then did much of the things listed above. I also went to Bikram yoga in the early evening – I’ve started loving Bikram on Sunday nights to help me wind down from the week and get ready to start another. I always leave the class feeling so calm and refreshed.
Anyways, I was tagged by Carrie for the “Stylish Blogger” award that’s going around, and must tell you seven random things about myself. Since a little randomness is always fun, I thought I’d play along.
7 random things about me:
1. I’m a twin! I’m 8 minutes older than my sister and very much wiser 🙂
Which one is me??
2. When I was little I thought I was Laura Ingalls for a good year or so. My mom was only called “Ma”, dad was “Pa”, sister was “Mary” and I only answered to being called Laura. This was after I thought I was She-ra for an equally long period of time. I like to think this is because I was exploring my creativity…
3. I was a New York State Champion gymnast and always thought I’d be able to flip and twist. Ehmmm, not so much anymore. This is probably all I can do:
4. I love English bulldogs SO much and have had a name picked out for my future pal for the past 8 years. I will tell you if you promise not to steal it – Little Murray Sparkles (Murray for short). Once I actually have the time to devote to getting him, he will be the most unique, wrinkly bulldog on the block
How can you not love that face?
5. I worked at a Starbucks near Boston Common during college, where I refused to take the garbage out, “borrowed” soymilk on a regular basis and made up weird nicknames for all of the regular customers. No, I was not fired, and I can still make a mean latte or cappuccino!
6. I set my alarm with a “2” at the end (like 5:42 a.m.) every night and have done this for at least 15 years without fail
7. I don’t think I ate a single vegetable sophomore year of college (and definitely thought beer was a food group) – my, my how things change!
Question: What’s your favorite random fact about yourself? Do you have any random questions for me? I’m trying to work on my blank FAQ page!