It was another gorgeous morning in NYC, and I enjoyed a peppy 6.5 miles along the bridle path with Natalie. It was a great way to start another busy day full of appointments, work and a leeeetle stressing about upcoming final exams (yikes – can’t believe it’s that time already!).
To help keep me going throughout the day, I’ve relied on nutrient-packed lunches – dark chocolate dreams peanut butter, oats, greek yogurt and strawberries
Greek yogurt, strawberries and walnuts
I heart strawberries, can you tell?
I only have two weekends left of crazy studying (hooray!), and am awaiting a summer free of classes anxiously. I didn’t take class last summer either because I desperately needed a break, and while it was great, I don’t think I did enough to further my quest to get a spot in a very competitive dietetic internship.
So this summer I want to stay ahead of the game, take advantage of the extra time I’ll have but still have a little fun. Since I love goals and lists, I thought I’d map some out for the next couple of months.
- Volunteer at a hospital once per week, and at another nutrition/food-oriented organization once every two weeks
- Run across the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco when I’m there at the end of May
- Keep up on nutrition news and research (and post more often about it!)
- Build a great base for NYC Marathon training, which starts in July (and stay injury-free!)
- Read all of the books I’ve been dying to crack open
- Visit the Santa Monica Pier when I’m in LA for a wedding
- Do one speedwork session per week (including some 800s and mile repeats!)
- Go to the beach. Often. And get tan.
- Perfect my dietetic internship application for the fall
- Keep up with strength training and PT 3-4 times per week
- Eat/drink outside often. (Including many visits to the new Eataly beer garden, La Birreria, when it opens)
- Convince my Mom to come visit me
(and sister too!)
- Go to at least two more Yankee games
- Do something spontaneous at least once a week